Thursday 16 July 2009

Beer


I pass this sign on a train platform.


It seems funny after all the things I've been doing. Drinking beer! I haven't done that in a month. My instant feeling is of a dull, sore head, and quite a crude form of fun, neither playful nor delightful. I think, it's not beer that I don't like. A cold pint sometimes is ahhhhhh oh just hits the spot when it's hot and when it's cold, getting to a country pub and having a pint of ale and a pack of crisps is pure joy, especially if there's a real fire. Sorry to sound posh but some of the organic beers and lagers that have come out in the last few years are just delicious, missing some of the uglier flavours in non-organics.


I think the thing I don't like about this sign is the idea of a whole festival of beer. So the fun is just... lots of beer, and people together after / during lots of beer. That seems like... the old world, or something. My old world, perhaps.
Maybe it's not just me. Is it my age, or the age, that is thirsty for a different kind of fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment